Face ID is useful for opening apps when your hands aren't available and for adding extra security. Learn how to set it up and how to use Face ID for apps.
- Face Id Iphone 6s Download Instagram
- Icloud Login
- Face Id Iphone 6s Download Photos To Computer
- Apple Iphone 6s Software Download
- Cheapest Iphone 6s
This article will tell you how to set up Face ID and how to use Face ID for apps. Apple has long used biometric identification as a privacy and security feature for the iPhone and iPad. The iPhone X was the first to use facial recognition or Face ID instead of Touch ID, and it's now incorporated into all the most recent iPhone models and iPad Pros. If you haven’t set up Face ID or you’re wanting to set it up again, read on for a step-by-step. Once Face ID is set up, your device will give you the option to look at your iPhone or iPad to unlock it, pay for purchases with Apple Pay, download apps from the App Store, buy music from iTunes, and unlock and open apps. Let's get started learning how to enable facial recognition on your iPhone or iPad.
Related: New for iOS 12: How to Allow a Second Person to Use Face ID on Your iPhone X, XS, XS Max or XR
Set up Touch ID on iPhone. Use Touch ID (supported models) to securely and conveniently unlock iPhone, authorize purchases and payments, and sign in to many third-party apps by pressing the Home button with your finger or thumb. To use Touch ID, you must also set up a passcode on your iPhone. Answer: A: Answer: A: I had the same issue when I was upgrading from iPhone 6s to iPhone XR (iOS 12.1). The menu Face ID & Passcode was missing from the Settings screen. I tried doing a hard reset on the phone but the menu is still missing. I tried a restore via iTunes (12.8, MacOS 10.13.6) on a computer and setup my phone as new (factory reset).
What's in This Article
Face ID is available on the iPhone X and later, and this technology is extremely accurate. Plenty of YouTubers have attempted to fool Face ID, with only very identical twins able to do so. Once you set up Face ID and become accustomed to it, there will be no going back.
How to Set up Face ID (Facial Recognition) on the iPhone & iPad
You can use Face ID in the iPhone X and later, as well as the iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation). To get started:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter your passcode.
- Scroll down and tap Set Up Face ID; if you’ve already set up Face ID, you’ll see the option to Reset Face ID instead.
- To set up Face ID, your iPhone will ask you to position your face within the frame and slowly move your head around in a circle so it can get a map of your face. It will ask you to do this twice, and then you’ll be set up!
Interestingly enough, Face ID will continue to learn your face as time goes on. So if it doesn't work at a certain angle, don’t reposition the phone and try again. Instead, enter your passcode so that your phone will learn more about the shape and angles of your face.
This also applies to aging or growing out a beard—if you go from having a beard to suddenly clean shaven, you’ll need to enter your passcode, so the phone takes note of how your face has changed. But if you go from clean shaven and slowly grow a beard over time, the phone will unlock at every stage and already be accustomed to your face by the time your beard has fully grown out.
How to Unlock Apps with Face ID
Now that you’ve set up Face ID, it’s time to learn how to use Face ID for apps. One of those ways is to unlock certain apps. For our example, I’ll use the Day One app. However, Face ID can be used to unlock many other apps and also to access your saved usernames and passwords that are stored on your device. You can also learn how to add Face ID to apps. Here’s how to unlock apps with Face ID.
- The first step of unlocking an app with Face ID is making sure you’ve turned that setting on within the app. To do this, you want to locate the settings in whichever app you want to unlock with Face ID.
- If it’s possible to unlock the app with Face ID, you’ll see an option in the app's settings regarding Passcode, and there will likely be a toggle to flip on for allowing Face ID. Again, this will look slightly different in different apps, but you can always find it in the app’s settings.
- Once you’ve allowed the app to use Face ID to unlock, it will happen automatically. Simply open the app and Face ID will attempt to unlock it; it’s likely that it will work so quickly it will have already unlocked by the time you realize it’s looking for your face.
- If you can't find the Face ID setting within the app (or you're not sure if the app allows Face ID unlocking), you can enable Face ID within an app from the Settings app: open your iPhone's settings, select Face ID & Passcode, and tap Other Apps under Use Face ID For; then toggle on the correct app.
It's good to note that some apps will have this on by default, so don't be surprised if you open an app and it automatically tries to use Face ID.
How to Use Face ID to Buy Things (Apple Pay, iTunes, App Store, Etc.)
How to Use Face ID for In-Store Apple Pay Purchase
To use this option, you'll need to set up Apple Pay. Once it's set up:
- To open Apple Pay, double click the Side button.
- First, authenticate the purchase with Face ID, then hold the phone up to the contactless reader.
- The word Done and a checkmark will appear on-screen to confirm you've paid.
How to Use Face ID for Online Apple Pay Purchase
- Select Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Once you've confirmed your payment information, double click the Side button.
- Then glance at your phone to authenticate with Face ID. Once the Done and checkmark appears, you're good to go.
How to Use Facial Recognition for In-App Purchases
- When you’re making an in-app purchase, such as when buying an app from the App Store, music from iTunes, or an e-book, there will be an on-screen prompt to Double Click to Install or Pay; double click the Side button.
- Once you double click, your iPhone X will use Face ID to confirm it’s you and complete the purchase in a couple seconds flat. The on-screen Done and checkmark will let you know the purchase was successful.
Master your iPhone in one minute a day: Sign up here to get our FREE Tip of the Day delivered right to your inbox.
Top Image Credit: Hadrian / Shutterstock.com
- 1. iPhone/iPad to iPhone X
- 2. Android to iPhone X
- 4. iPhone X to Computer/iOS
by Anna SherryUpdated on 2019-10-11 / Update for iPhone Problems
'Face ID lock won't stop spinning.'
The iPhone X series have launched the function of face ID lock in order to improve the security of your phone. Though this function has protected the user's personal information a lot, many people are still reporting various problems about face ID not working problems. One of the recent reported problem is the face ID icon spinning and won't unlock iPhone.
To solve the problem which users still meet with and increase the overall using experience of face ID. If you are frustrated by iPhone face ID keeps spinning problem, it is a right way to read this article which will show you 5 ways to fix this kind of Face ID problem.
Before follow the ways below, you need to check these first:
- Nothing has covered the TrueDepth camera.
- You face, including eyes, nose, mouth, are directly facing the TrueDepth camera without any block.
- For clear recognition by your iPhone, you need to keep the 10-20 inches away from your face.
- Keeps other items or bright light away which might confuse face recognition.
If the above steps still not work, follow the below ways.
Method 1: Force Restart iPhone
Generally, force restarting is always helpful when your iPhone get stuck, no matter stuck in black/white screen or stuck in face ID icon spinning. You can try this method first when iPhone X/XS/XR stuck at Face ID recognition.
Step 1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
Step 2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
Face Id Iphone 6s Download Instagram
Step 3: Press and hold the Side (Sleep/Wake) button until the Apple logo appears.
Method 2: Check Face ID Settings or Reset It
First, make sure that your Face ID features is set up and turn on. Go to Settings>>> Face ID & Passcode, if not, then turn it on.
Then, if it is 'on', but the iPhone Face ID icon spinning still exists and not unlock the screen, you can fix the problem by resetting Face ID. First, you need to unlock your iPhone with unlock password. Then Go Settings>>>Face ID & Passcode>>> Reset Face ID. What you need to pay attention is resetting face ID will erase all the existing face data.
Method 3: Check for Updates
Sometimes, if you are sure the physical conditions are all correctly set but your problem is unsolved, this may happen just because of your outdated version of iOS system or software not fix the Face ID features. Update the version can fix the bugs issues, therefore, it can allow the face ID features be more fixed with your iPhone. Here are the steps:
Go Settings>>> tap General>>> Select Software Update>>> Tap Download and Install, and you can upgrade latest iOS System. After updated iOS system, check whether iPhone face ID spinning problem still exists.
And when you update your system or software, you'd better backup your iPhone X/XS/XR first in case of losing data.
Method 4: Repair iOS System to Fix Problem of Face ID Spinning
If the above methods not work, the problem of face ID not working just spinning may in result of system damage. And the Tenorshare ReiBoot is a top recommended and effective tool which help you to repair the operating system without any data loss, then it works well when your Face ID keeps spinning. Please download and install iPhone system repair software and see a guide.
Way 1: First of all, you can try to fix the problem by enter and exit recovery mode to reboot your iPhone, from this, it can make your iPhone out of the face ID spinning screen.
- Step 1: Please connect your iPhone with computer, and click enter recovery mode
- Step 2: When your iPhone enters into recovery mode, then click Exit Recovery mode.
Way 2: If way 1 still not work well, you can try this way as follow.
- Step 1: Click Repair Operating System.
- Step 2: Then you'll see an interface like below, click 'Start Repair' to proceed.
- Step 3: The software will show you the latest iOS 12 firmware package. Choose a save path from your computer and click 'Download'. Wait for a few minutes, and you can get your latest version iPhone X/XS/XR.
Now, your iPhone would out of Face ID spinning screen. This software not only help you solve the face ID problem, it can also enable you to fix various iOS system issues without losing a single byte, like stuck in Apple logo, Black Screen, Frozen Screen etc. Besides, it can also repair iPhone Errors more efficient.
Method 5: Reset iPhone to Fix Problem of Face ID Spinning
If you try all methods above but not work at all and your iPhone face ID just spinning, you can try this last way to fix the face ID spinning problem.
Face Id Iphone 6s Download Photos To Computer
First, you can try to reset all your settings to put your iPhone back to factory defaults without any data loss. Go Settings>>>>General>>>Reset>>>Reset All Settings.
Second, if it still not works, you might need to try this final way which works for many iPhone problems. But this method would erase all content and settings. If the data are very important to you, you'd better to backup before do it. Click General>>>Reset>>>Erase All Contents and Settings. You can also backup iPhone free with third-party software.
You can also backup iPhone free with third-party software.
Apple Iphone 6s Software Download
Cheapest Iphone 6s
In this article, we've show you five ways to fix the Face ID spinning and not working problem on iPhone X/XS/XR. The above 5 methods are all works in some way. But by using a system repair software will fix the iPhone X face id spinning problem completely, like stuck, frozen, face ID keeps spinning problem completely. It promises 100% work with one click and avoid data loss when repair your iOS system. Besides, it also provides more beyond your imagination, like downgrade iPhone software, repair iTunes Backup & Restore Error more efficient. If this article helps you to solve the problem, please share it to your friends and family, especially iOS users.