- Change Download Location Android
- 3gp File Download
- Download Files From Phone Android
- File Video Download
- Facebook File Download Location Android Free
This article was written by Nicole Levine, MFA. Nicole Levine is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. She has more than 20 years of experience creating technical documentation and leading support teams at major web hosting and software companies. Nicole also holds an MFA in Creative Writing from Portland State University and teaches composition, fiction-writing, and zine-making at various institutions.
The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work.
This article has been viewed 418,783 times.
As of September 2019, Dropbox for Android 156.2.2 the following applies on my Huawei Nova 3i phone. This applies to files where 'Make available offline' has been selected. If the file hasn't been made available offline I don't believe there is a persistent copy of it on the device, and the file contents are probably streamed when the file is accessed. How To Change Default Download Location to SD card in Android by admin February 25, 2021, 1:34 pm When We Try to Install App on Our Android Phone or Tablet and we suddenly got massage Like Insufficient Storage Space. Use File Manager App to Check Amazon Video/Music Download Location Everything we download from the webpage or apps will have a copy or leave cache on the phone's storage. Use either the default file manager app or a third-party one; follow the paths below to locate the downloaded Amazon videos or audios on your Android phone. The most important desktop features of Facebook are also available on the app, such as writing on timelines, liking photos, browsing for people, and editing your profile and groups. Now you can get early access to the next version of Facebook for Android by becoming a beta tester.
This wikiHow teaches you how to find files, photos, and videos you’ve downloaded to your Android phone or tablet.
Method 1 of 2:Using a File Manager Download Article
- 1Open the app drawer. This is the list of apps on your Android. You can usually open it by tapping the icon with 6 to 9 dots at the bottom of the home screen.
- 2Tap Downloads, My Files, or File Manager. The name of this app varies by device.
- If you don’t see any of these options, your device may not have a file manager. See this wikiHow to learn how to install one.
- 3Select a folder. If you only see one folder, tap its name. If you have an SD card, you’ll see two separate folders—one for your SD card, another for internal storage. Depending on your settings, your Downloads folder may be in either of these two locations.
- 4Tap Download. You may have to scroll down to find it. This folder contains everything you’ve downloaded to your Android.
- If you don’t see a Download folder, you may have to poke around in different folders to find it.
Method 2 of 2:Using Chrome Download Article
- 1Open Chrome. It’s the round red, blue, yellow, and green icon labeled “Chrome” on your home screen. If you don’t see it there, check the app drawer.
- This method will help you quickly find files you’ve downloaded while using the Chrome web browser.
- 3Tap Downloads. You will now see a list of files you’ve downloaded from the web.
- To view only certain types of downloads, tap ☰ , then select the type of file (e.g. Audio, Images) you want to view.
- To search for a certain downloads, tap the magnifying glass at the top of the screen.
Community Q&AAdd New Question
- What do I do if I can't find my downloaded Play Store apps under Downloads?Community AnswerOn Android, the Downloads application is for downloaded files only. To find downloaded apps, go to Settings and find Applications. All of the apps you've downloaded will be here.
- I downloaded my info from Facebook, and it says it's ready to view, but when I click in the file it says no app is downloaded. What should I do?Community AnswerTry uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app. The Facebook icon on your screen may not actually be the app. Sometimes these icons linger for a little while after an app is uninstalled.
- What if I don't have an app drawer?Community AnswerYou can download one from the net. There are various types to sort through and select your best from the net. 'Playstore' can be of use to download one or you can get some from websites as well.
VideoBy using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
You Might Also Like
Change Download Location Android
About This Article
3gp File Download
To view downloads on your Android using Chrome, start by opening Chrome and tapping the three verticle dots in the top-right corner. From here, tap “Downloads” to see a list of files you’ve downloaded from the web. To view only certain types of downloads, tap the three verticle dashes, then select the type of file you want to view. Additionally, search for a certain download by tapping the magnifying glass at the top of the screen and typing a keyword or file type, like “audio” or “images.” To learn how to view downloads using a file manager, keep reading!
Is this article up to date?
- Android Software Issues
- Android 3rd-party Apps Problems
- Android Restore Tricks
- Google Cloud Tips
- Android File Manager
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2021-07-02 / Update for Android Recovery
Does anyone know where are text messages stored on galaxy s7? I need to have the messages from an SMS conversation to copy/paste into a word.'
Text message (SMS) is one the most popular and traditional modes of communication. It has a lot of important communications, data, confirmations, etc. You may want to know Where are text messages stored on Android so that you can copy or print them out.
In this article we will show you where are text messages stored and how to export messages from Android phone to your computer.
Part 1: Where Are Text Messages Stored on Android?
Where did my text messages go Android? The Android text messages folder location is in the internal memory of the Android phone and the locations on different Android OS are a little different. You can find where are text messages stored on Android file system as below.
Android 4.3 or older:
Android 4.4 or later:
Android 7.0 and above:
This is where are messages stored on Android but all those files are in unreadable format and can only be accessed on a rooted phone.
Part 2. Where Does Android Store Pictures from Text Messages?
MMS messages and pictures are stored in a database in your data folder located on your phone’s internal memory as well. But you can manually save the pictures and audios in your MMS to your Gallery app.
- Press on the image on the messages thread view.
- Select a save option such as Save attachment, Save to SD card, Download Attachment, etc.
- This will download to 'Download' folder on SD Card and the gallery will should see it.
Part 3. How to Save Messages from Android Phone to Computer (without Root)?
As we mentioned above, the messages are stored on the devices internal memory under app/data which requires root access. So how you can access and save messages on Android phone? Don’t worry! Tenorshare UltData for Android is able to serve as Android files extractor to help you export and save messages from Android to computer without rooting.
Connect your Android phone to the computer. Launch the Tenorshare UltData for Android and select the feature 'Recover Lost Data'.
Enable USB Debuggingthat can be done by following the on-screen instructions.
When your device is connected, select the message and then click 'Start' to scan your device.
After scanning, you can view all the messages displayed by list and select the messages you want to save and click Recover to save messages in .TXT, .XML, .XLS files.
Part 4. Where are Deleted Text Messages Stored on Android?
Where are deleted SMS stored on Android? When you delete the text messages, they are not removed completely from the phone. They are still on the phone's memory but the allocation of those is removed from the File Allocation Table, and the memory that it occupied, gets freed up to be used by other files.
So, the deleted messages still stay in the storage, but their listings get removed, and space gets free to be used by other files. However, there isn’t a recycle bin on Android for your recover deleted files directly.
To Find deleted text messages on Android, you need a professional Android data recovery software like Tenorshare UltData for Android we mentioned above. With it, you can easily access and save deleted and existing messages on Android phone without rooting.
Download Files From Phone Android
Bonus Tip: How to backup Text Messages on Android
There are many different ways to backup text messages on Android device. SMS Backup+ can be of great help for backing up text messages on Android.
Login to your Google Account on your PC. Then, go to Settings
Now go to Forwarding and POP/IMPAP and enable IMAP
- Install the SMS Backup+ App from Google Play store.
Open the app, and connect it to your Google Account. When asked, select your Google/Gmail account, and connect. When it will ask for allow access, then tap 'Allow'.
You can now backup the text messages to your Gmail account. Just tap 'Backup,' and it will be done
File Video Download
Once done you can see the log within the app as you can see above on the right screen.Now, go to your Gmail account.Now, in the search bar, type label:smsand hit Enter. You will see the backed up text messages there listed.
Facebook File Download Location Android Free
Now, you have a clear idea about where are texts stored on Android? And, with Tenorshare UltData for Android, we need not worry as to where are text messages stored on Android phone as no matter where they are, you can recover them effortlessly when deleted or lost.