@HARISH RAMAKRISHNAN This video helps the Android user to change their android device into a ioslinkhttps://osxdaily.com/2016/03/21/ios-9-3-update-downloa.
Open the Files app, then choose a location like On My iPhone or iCloud Drive. Tap the more button, then tap Select. Choose one or more files. Tap the more button in the lower right, then tap Compress. If you selected one file, a ZIP file with the same filename saves to that folder. Now follow the guide below to learn how to restore iPhone with IPSW: Step 1: Download the IPSW file you want from here. Step 2: Open iTunes. Select your device by clicking the 'device' icon. In the Summary panel hold the Option key and click Update or Restore if using a Mac, or hold the Shift key and click Update or Restore if using a Windwos PC. How to download ZIP files on your iPhone or iPad Once you find the ZIP file you want to save in Safari, you can download it by: Tapping on the link to download the ZIP file. Then, tap Open in Files. Choose where you want to save the ZIP file to that location in the Files app. hr How to unzip a file on iOS.
- Updated on 2021-01-22 to iPhone Care
In our digital life, there are a lot of situations that we will need to install IPSW file on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, like, update iOS system, restore unsigned ipsw without iTunes, downgrade iOS, repair iOS issues, restore device to factory reset and so forth. At the very beginning, we'd better figure out what the IPSW is.
What is IPSW?
IPSW file is the raw iOS software for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, which is normally used in iTunes to install iOS firmware. And iTunes utilizes the IPSW file format to store iOS firmware to restore any device to its original state. In the following, we will show you how to install iOS manually with IPSW.
How to Use IPSW File to Restore/Update iPhone with iTunes
Now follow the guide below to learn how to restore iPhone with IPSW:
- Step 1: Download the IPSW file you want from here.
- Step 2: Open iTunes. Select your device by clicking the 'device' icon. In the Summary panel hold the Option key and click Update or Restore if using a Mac, or hold the Shift key and click Update or Restore if using a Windwos PC.
Step 3: Now select your IPSW file. Browse for the download location, select the file, and click Choose. Your device will update as if the file had been downloaded through iTunes.
- 1. Unsigned IPSW files are not supported. No tools in the market supports to restore unsigned IPSW files.
- 2. Before updating or restoring iOS with IPSW, we highly recommend you backup your files beforehand because the data will be wiped out after restoring from IPSW files. You can use Apple's backup methods to backup to iPhone or iCloud. Also, there are lots of free iPhone backup software that let you backup your files more flexibly.
How to Perform IPSW Restore without iTunes?
Have you met situations like, iTunes won't let you restore iPhone from IPSW file, or your iPhone/ipad might got stuck when you are trying to restore or update them from IPSW, or see an error when using iTunes? You can try to restore iPhone from IPSW without iTunes by using iPhone restore tool - UltFone iOS System Repair, a profesional IPSW restore tool that empowers you to restore iPhone/iPad with the latest IPSW file and thus fix various iOS system issues like iPhone black screen of death, Apple logo loop, iPhone frozen, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, and more.
Download and install this iOS firmware restore tool free to your PC or Mac computer, and follow the steps to restore IPSW without iTunes.
Step 1 Launch this IPSW restore tool and connect your iPhone to computer. Click 'Start' on the main interface to enter iOS system restore function.
Step 2 On the following screen, you can select the repair mode. I recommend you to use 'Standard Repair' because it won't cause losing data while restoring iPhone using IPSW file.
Step 3 By default, this program will display the latest signed IPSW file that matches your device. You can click 'Download' button to start downloading the IPSW file online.
Step 4 After downloading. Hit 'Start Standard Repair' to start installing the IPSW file to your iPhone and fixing the iOS problems.
Step 5 Once the repair is done, your iPhone/iPad will automatically reboot and everything will get back to normal.
Wrap It Up
Here in this article we introduces two methods to install IPSW file to iPhone/iPad. The method of using iTunes allows you to restore iPhone with IPSW file but will cause data loss and the operations are a bit complicated to beginners. So, it is recommended to free download this best IPSW restore tool to restore your iPSW files without iTunes. Enjoy!
Apple has introduced its iOS 15 Beta version for the developer to test the performance. It makes a great improvement from iOS 14. The official iOS 15 will be available in September. If you can't wait to experience the newest iOS 15 Beta, and you have achieved a developer membership, you can download iOS 15 IPSW firmware files, which are already available now. (If you are interested in Public Beta profiles, please click here to learn how to download iOS 15 public Beta.) Here we will introduce how to download iOS 15 IPSW firmware files for developer in detail, and give you some suggestions about the upgrading.
- Part 1: Where to Download iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware Files?
- Part 2: How to Install iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware on iPhone?
- Part 3: Frequently Asked Questions Before Downloading iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware
- Part 4: Apple ID Not Working After Upgrading to iOS 15/14?
Where to Download iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware Files?
Ios Files App
To install the iOS 15/14 Beta or the iPadOS 15/14 Beta on your iPhone or iPad, you should download iOS 15/14 IPSW firmware files at first. The iOS 15/14 Beta of IPSW files is available now, you can simply download it from the Beta Profiles website. Just take the following steps.
Step 1. Go to www.Betaprofiles.com on your PC or Mac.
Step 2. Scroll down till you see a card with the heading iOS 15/14 Download, then click on the 'IPSW' button.
Step 3. Look for your Apple device from a device list and click on the 'Download' button
Step 4. Proceed to download the firmware and wait till the download is complete.
Please make sure you download the right IPSW firmware for your device. iTunes will stop the process if it detects the wrong files.
How to Install iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware on iPhone?
There are two ways to install the iOS 15/14 IPSW firmware files. You can choose according to your own situation. Please keep in mind that iOS 15/14 Beta is still the unfinished version with imperfect performance. There are still have some unfixed bugs, which may crash your iPhone or iPad. We highly recommend you to use your spare Apple device and read Part 3 first to avoid bricking.
1. Using Windows 10 Command Line
Get your device ready
- Download iTunes from Apple's official website and install it. Please uninstall your iTunes if it is downloaded from Microsoft Store. Then download it from Apple official website.
- Download the libimobile2020 zip file from Github. It is used to flash IPSW firmware files over the Windows 10 Command Line.
Ios 6 Download Zip Files
Steps to install iOS 15/14 Beta by Windows 10 Command Line
Step 1. Extract the libimobile2020-master.zip file to a separate folder on the local disk of your computer which is usually C:.
Step 2. Rename the IPSW firmware file you have downloaded to 'ios14.ipsw'. Copy and paste the file to the same folder you extracted libimobile2020.
Step 3. Launch the Start menu which is in the lower-left corner. Navigate to Windows Command by searching CMD, and tap 'Run as administrator'.
Step 4. Direct the command line prompt to the folder you saved the files. You will use the command of 'cd C:libimobile2020-master'.
Step 5. Connect your Apple device to PC with a USB cable.
Step 6. Enter the following command to the Command Prompt screen: 'idevicerestore.exe -d ios14.ipsw'.
Step 7. Wait till your device successfully install the restore image.
Step 8. Your Apple device will reboot several times. Once it finished, disconnect your device from your computer.
Step 9. Wait for 15-20 minutes. Then your device will appear 'Swipe up to recover' screen.
Step 10. Swipe up to perform data recovery. You will be prompted to enter your passcode twice. Then wait until the recovery process is complete.
Step 11. Your Apple device will reboot. Once it is completed, you can enjoy the iOS 15/14 Beta on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Using iTunes
Step 1. Launch iTunes on the computer. Connect your Apple device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Unlock your iPhone or iPad and tap on 'Trust' on the screen.
Step 3. After iTunes detected your device, press and hold the Shift (PC) or Options (MAC) on the keyboard and click the 'Check for Update' in iTunes.
Step 4. Look for the IPSW firmware you have downloaded and select it.
Step 5. iTunes Will prompt that it will update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 15/14. Click on the 'Update' button to continue.
Step 6. iTunes will begin to update your device. You can monitor the process by the progress bar in iTunes.
Step 7. Once it is completed, your iPhone or iPad will restart and install. You can monitor the process by the progress bar on your device.
Step 8. When the installation on your device is finished, your iDevice will reboot. Then you will see a screen appears Update Completed.
Frequently Asked Questions Before Downloading iOS 15/14 IPSW Firmware
The iOS 15/14 Beta is very unstable. Before you download iOS 15/14 IPSW firmware files, you should refer to the following FAQ to avoid problems.
1. Is My Device Compatible With iOS 15/14?
Firstly, look through the form below to ensure that your device is compatible with iOS 15/14. So you won’t brick your iPhone or iPad during the installation process.
Compatible Models for iOS 15/14 Beta
iPhone XS Max / iPhone XS / iPhone XR / iPhone X
iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 8
iPhone 7 Plus / iPhone 7
iPhone 6s Plus / iPhone 6s / iPhone SE
iPad Air 3 / iPad Air 2
iPad Mini 5 / iPad Mini 4
iPad Pro 3rd Generation / iPad Pro 2nd Generation/ iPad Pro 1st Generation
iPad 6th Generation / iPad 5th Generation
iPod Touch 7th Generation
2. Should I Back Up My Data by iTunes Or iCloud?
We highly recommend you to take a complete backup of the data on your Apple device. In case your data is erased during the iOS 15/14 Beta installation process.
How to back up data using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes and update it to the latest version.
- Connect your Apple device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the Summary in iTunes.
- Click on the 'Back Up Now' button and wait a while.
How to back up data using iCloud:
- Navigate to 'Settings > [Your Name]'.
- Tap on 'iCloud' button.
- Tap on 'iCloud Backup', then tap on 'Back Up Now'.
Ios 6 Download Zip File Opener
3. Is There Any Other Tips I Should Concern?
- Please make sure you have enough space for iOS 15/14 installation: click here to learn how to free up your iPhone or iPad.
- Charge your Apple device, please make sure the battery is above 50% during the whole process.
- Please make sure that you remember your Apple ID and password. You may need to log in Apple ID after upgrading to iOS 15/14.
- Download iMyFone LockWiper in case your device is bricked after installation.
4. What's New in iOS 15/14 Beta?
Check the video below to find what's new in iOS 15/14 Beta!
Apple ID Not Working After Upgrading to iOS 15/14?
If you have already upgraded to iOS 15/14 Beta but get stuck in Apple ID login, you can refer to here. iMyFone LockWiper is an intuitive software designed to unlock your Apple ID and iCloud account in 5 minutes. It is simple to use and doesn't have any requirements. Let's view its main functions.
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper - iOS 15/14 Supported:
- Fix Apple ID not working after upgrading to iOS 15/14 Beta.
- Remove Apple ID and iCloud account when you can't remember its password.
- Unlock screen passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID from any disabled or bricked iPhone or iPad.
- Simple and concise design, easy to use for everyone.
- Support all iOS devices including iPhone X/XS/XR/XS MAX, and all iOS versions including iOS 15/14/13/12.
Fix Apple ID not working after upgrading to iOS 15/14 Beta by using iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1. Select 'Unlock Apple ID' function. And connect your iPhone/iPad to a computer.
Step 2. Choose 'Start to Unlock' to start the process. The Apple ID and iCloud account will be removed in 5 minutes.
Ios 6 Download Zip File Free
The fantastic iOS 15/14 Beta IPSW firmware is available now. This article offers you the ways to download and install iOS 15/14 IPSW firmware files. If you are worried about the errors after upgrading to iOS 15/14, just download iMyFone LockWiper. It will fix your problems easily. Now iMyFone offers a free trial, download to have a try！